Vesper's bassist, Jeremiah, wrote the lyrics to this song telling about his feelings when he moved from North Carolina to Ohio to start a new church.
Intro
Verse 1:
Just like old times
Feels like a rewind
I don't want to leave
Feeling so lost in my grief
I love this place
And I want to see these faces
I want to be here tonight
For now and for the rest of my life
Pre-Chorus:
I wish it were always like this
Nothing left to reminisce
I just want to stay here
Leaving will only bring tears
Chorus:
I don't want something new
I loved being with you
I don't want this to end
There's somewhere else to live again
Staying here isn't what I'm called to do
Please know I'll always miss you
I know I'll always miss you
And I'll always remember you
Verse 2:
Going back home
Not having to roam
Back to where we started
Before we departed
How
Can I possibly leave you now?
It's breaking my heart
To be so far apart
Pre-Chorus:
I wish it were always like this
Intro
Verse 1:
Just like old times
Feels like a rewind
I don't want to leave
Feeling so lost in my grief
I love this place
And I want to see these faces
I want to be here tonight
For now and for the rest of my life
Pre-Chorus:
I wish it were always like this
Nothing left to reminisce
I just want to stay here
Leaving will only bring tears
Chorus:
I don't want something new
I loved being with you
I don't want this to end
There's somewhere else to live again
Staying here isn't what I'm called to do
Please know I'll always miss you
I know I'll always miss you
And I'll always remember you
Verse 2:
Going back home
Not having to roam
Back to where we started
Before we departed
How
Can I possibly leave you now?
It's breaking my heart
To be so far apart
Pre-Chorus:
I wish it were always like this
Nothing left to reminisce
I just want to stay here
Leaving will only bring tears
Chorus:
I don't want something new
I loved being with you
I don't want this to end
There's somewhere else to live again
Staying here isn't what I'm called to do
Please know I'll always miss you
I know I'll always miss you
And I'll always remember you
Bridge:
I don't understand
But I'm following His command
I'm leaving behind these steeples
And all of these beautiful people
We'll have to restart
So very far apart
May all your lives be blessed
Maybe this is for the best
Chorus:
I don't want something new
I loved being with you
I don't want this to end
There's somewhere else to live again
Staying here isn't what I'm called to do
Please know I'll always miss you
I know I'll always miss you
And I'll always remember you
Outro
This is the first song that Ben and worked on together, and it means the most to me of the songs we've written.
ReplyDelete